1. No, I am not just being lazy... I promise.
I actually had surgery. Without getting into too many details, I had a mass removed from my abdomen.
Some super sweet girls that I have become buddies with through the internet sent me these gorgeous flowers!
I wanted to say a special thank you to sweet Kelley for being such a great support system after my surgery! It royally stinks to find out there is something wrong in your body, and it is SO nice to have someone to talk to about it!
2. Nash and Emmie got their pictures done. This is just a shot I snuck over the camera lady- I can't wait to share the REAL prints with you!
3. I FINALLY finished my Convention Camp Unit! I put this packet together so I could spend about 2 weeks with my kids going over some concepts that they learned in first grade, but I wanted to make sure they were SOLID on before we moved on to Nonfiction writing.
These posters are currently hanging in my classroom! I just LOVE them!
And here are the centers that come in this pack. I will be using these centers during Daily 5 next week to even further nail down these skills.
AND last but not least, here is a page straight from the packet explaining how my kids were in charge of their own learning with these printables!
4. My brother came to visit and brought Nash and Emmie some Halloween books.
That means I have to start preparing Halloween activities! Luckily I already have some paid and free products just in case I decide to nap instead!!!
4. With Halloween quickly approaching I had to scramble to order Nash and Em some Halloween costumes.
Am I the only mom that tries REALLY, REALLY hard to get her kids to dress up in duo?!?!
I am pretty darn successful at it too...
THIS year Emmie insisted on being a mermaid so Nash agreed to be a pirate! So I headed to my second favorite place to shop-Etsy! I found this great store and this GORGEOUS mermaid dress for Emmie! I know this won't be the last time I am visiting this little shop :)
5. And last, but definitely not least- I am currently a teensy bit obsessed with this show...