Bulletin Board and Group Buckets #create2educate - Queen of the First Grade Jungle

Bulletin Board and Group Buckets #create2educate

Notice things look quite different here? I got a COMPLETE makeover on my blog! I can’t wait to talk to you more about that in my next post, but tonight it is ALL about crafting!
Like many of you, I really do LOVE decorating my classroom. My classroom theme has evolved from a zebra/jungle theme 3 years ago to a black and white patterned room. I like to use bits of teal and purple as well!
This weekend I got to do a little bit of crafting/creating for my new room.  First I snagged these little buckets from Michaels because why else- they are in my color scheme! Actually I think they would be perfect for passing out table supplies that I don’t want to leave out at caddies all the time.
photo (24)
With a little bit of hot glue and fabric… photo (23)
and a black paint pen…
photo (22) Voila! I LOVE THEM! I plan on putting highlighters and special smelly markers in them. They are actually quite narrow so they will be perfect in the room!
With being in a new room this year, one of the first things I noticed was that I only had ONE bulletin board in my room.**GASP** I am coming from a classroom that had FOUR bulletin boards. So of course- I decided to make one on my own!
photo (26) I taped off the bulletin board with some Martha Stewart Painting Tape and got to work!  PS- no measuring, I just eye-balled it!
photo (25)
I had originally planned on filling in the whole board with purple and white, but when I peeled the tape off, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I LOVED the additional stripe!
  photo (28)
SO NOW for the FUN part!
You too can go shopping at Michael's, and create your own classroom project--if you upload your creation to Instagram using the hashtags #create2educate AND #sweepstakes (you have to use both), your project could be featured on Michael's "Classroom Ideas" Pinterest board, and you could even win a $50 gift card to Michael's for your future creations!!!    
Follow @queenof1stjungle and @MichaelsStores on Instagram!




Sweepstakes Details:
Michaels knows that creative teachers work hard all year to captivate their students, to make “boring” things come to life, and to create environments that fuel education. Join us in keeping the inspiration going as we kick off the 2013/2014 school year with the#Create2Educate sweepstakes!
Create your own Back-to-School project—anything from classroom décor and organization, to a learning activity for your students. Then, enter the Michaels sweepstakes by uploading a photo of your creation to Instagram using #Create2EducateAND #sweepstakes.
Each day we’ll feature our favorite Instagram photos on the Michael’s “Classroom Ideas” Pinterest board, and we’ll randomly pick one lucky teacher daily to win a $50 Michael’s Gift Card. Create as many Back-to-School projects as you’d like and upload photos of them to Instagram for more chances to win. #Create2Educate opens for entries on July 21st and closes on August 3rd. Head to Michael’s and get inspired today.
Don’t’ forget that teachers get 15% off of their purchase all year long at Michaels! 


















your photo name

16 comments

  1. I am loving your new blog layout! So cute.
    Thanks for sharing your crafts!

    Mrs. Thompson
    Adventures in Teaching (A First Grade Blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new BLOG theme! Congrats on second grade (fellow first grade blogger will be missing you at first) :)
    Also, cute buckets--love the numbers you created with the paint pen.
    -Lovely Nina

    Lovely Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love your new blog design. It's very sleek and modern looking. (Makes me want to update mine, now!)
    Connie Anderson
    Welcome To First Grade Room 5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look and your creations are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to use a paint pen on those buckets! And I love how your bulletin board came out!
    Nicole
    Teaching With Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new blog design is AdORaBlE! I love it...and the clever addition of your new grade. The bulletin board is also super creative.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog looks great! So do your projects you have posted!
    :) Dana
    Common to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blog design is magical! Great ideas on you new tubs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie I am so in love with your new look! It's awesome. I'm also pretty obsessed with numbering tubs and ribbon so this who whole post sings right to my crafty heart. Your bulletin board looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both of these! Can't beat the Target Dollar spot, right :0) You will really love 2nd grade!
    Laken
    Blog Comment Link
    Whole Brain Teaching in the Ladybug Club

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katie I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new blog design! I love that you kept the original but added that small touch about 2nd. Have a great rest of the week!

    ((HUGS))
    Tiffany

    One Fab Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those buckets! The ribbon on them is super cute! :)

    …andtheyallfalldown...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bins came out so cute! Love your new blog design!

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the new layout and those buckets are so cute! They are a great idea, but now I am thinking if I made them, where would I store them? Hmmmm....

    Bobbi
    Bitty Bilinguals

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bins! I love the new blog design, but there is a part of me that misses the old one! I'm sentimental!

    Lisa
    Always an Adventure in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top