Pom Pom much?? - Queen of the First Grade Jungle

Pom Pom much??

See- I promised it wouldn't be a whole week before you saw me again :)

I have an obsession.

I have an obsession with tissue paper pom poms. I use them for everything. I am also really bad at remembering to take pictures so I don't have as much evidence as I would like.

I used pom poms to decorate for my class play.

They are a permanent feature in my classroom library (which my kids like to things of as clouds!).
I also use them for decorating for parties, but like I said, I am terrible at remembering to take pictures.
Next year I plan on incorporating them to label my tables, but we will save that for later in the summer.
I also plan on utilizing a few of these...

And I want to make something similar to this...

When I decided I wanted to make these last summer, I watched this youtube clip...

But the clip is really lengthy SO for you impatient readers... here is a picture
 tutorial!

Tonight I made a few to hang over my daughter's desk in her newly done big girl room! 


Sorry folks. I really did stop and take pictures after each step, but my beautiful, sweet, lovely daughter threw dropped my camera and now I can't upload the pictures. You will just have to settle for the video and a final picture.


I want to add a long white picture from above her desk, but we are almost finished in there!
What do you think?


your photo name

18 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a newly discovered obsession with Poms too!! I either want to hang bright poms or bright round paper lanterns in my classroom this year. The pinks look so pretty, I love different shades of the same color!

    ❤-Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I was thinking about making these for table labels in my class! Thanks for sharing how you make them!

    Teaching Joys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute!!! I've never tried making them but you have me interested:)

    Tammy
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your Pom Pom obsession is a healthy one:) They are adorbs...I desperately want to add these fluffy touches to my room now!! Thanks for the inspiration, Katie (as always)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making Pom Poms is on my summer bucket list! Haha!

    Jena
    1st Grade with Miss Snowden

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these. My sister in law just made a bunch to decorate for my niece's 1st birthday party. I took them all after the party so I can use them in my classroom this year ;)

    ❀Jodi
    Fun In First

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing what a little tissue paper can do to spruce up a room. I love these as well! I am your newest follower- glad I ran across your blog :)!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crafty. She's CRAFTY . . . oh-so CRAFTY! Katie, those are super cool. I am going to have to fly you out to Cali so you can "cute up" my classroom :)


    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pom pom's. I've made them for all my kids birthdays. It's really fun to mix the tissue paper in the pom pom's.I've used different prints and colors. I've also found some funky tissue paper and made them out of them as well. I have a zebra and a cheetah print pom pom. So fun!!

    Hive2nd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I am adding this to my summer to do list. These would be so much fun in my classroom. It would help cheer the place up. I don't have windows and only 2 real walls because the other 2 are those brown partitions. Yuck! Thanks for linking to the video.

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad you posted this. I was just thinking I wanted to make some for my classroom next year. Thanks.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  13. You might be a pom pom rock star. Who know you could use them all over your world. I better buy some tissue paper and get on it! Love this.
    Fran@kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your classroom library is so cool! Thanks for sharing your pom pom tutorial, I think I want to make them for next year.

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love making poms too! I always make them for b-day parties, but have never used them in my classroom decor. I also "pinned" that apple tree. Isn't it amazing? Gonna make that one for sure for Back to School this year!! Thanks for all of your great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the video! I just made five last week to hang over my class tables and they did NOT end up looking the way I wanted. So I'll be taking that video's advice a little closer than I did last time.

    Love the Pom Poms and your classroom looks really cute! I have given you the Lovely Blog Award. Hop on over to my blog to check it out.


    Jessica
    secondgradenest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top