3 crazy addends - Queen of the First Grade Jungle

3 crazy addends

Here's an equation with 3 addends for you... Looming Spring Break + HUGE Final Four game for the State of KY + March Rally = ABSOLUTE CRAZINESS.  1. As you all know kids check out  a few days before a vacation and the day before... they act as if they aren't in school at all! 2. See here in Kentucky we are a little crazy about our basketball.  When we play our #1 Rival in the Final Four, people tend to lose their minds. 3. We also have a School Rally the last Friday of every month to recognize citizens of the month and pass out other awards.  It gets a little...ummm loud.  I knew this day was going to be nuts so I packed it full of   engaging activities. We finished out a Time review using Rachelle's Rock Around the Clock Unit:
The kids boogied for quite a long time (you don't blame me for trying to tire them out do you??) Rachelle's packet has tons of great ideas and centers!
2012-03-30_09-02-55_35.jpg
Then we moved on to writing. My teaching partner found this FANTASTIC idea and freebies to use Hershey kisses for Opinion Writing. Johanna offers free thinking maps and writing paper to go with her idea. I was super impressed by what my kids came up with and how organized their thinking was.  Click on the picture to go check her out. 
Here is one of my cuties (even if he is wearing the enemy's colors!) enjoying his taste test!
2012-03-30_09-44-37_118.jpg
During Literacy Centers we used some of my Easter ideas from last year.  If you would like to check them out, click on the picture below!
And my special treat for surviving this Crazy day-- a shipment!  I found this Large Hundred Mat through EAI Education. I can't wait to get some Math Work Stations together for this.
2012-03-30_09-26-39_696.jpg
I also ordered some 12 sided dice!
My other reward for surviving the day???? A UK win! GO CATS!

Don't forget to check out my Spring Break Sale


your photo name

2 comments

  1. LOVE 10 and 12 sided dice!!! Instant center fun! :)
    Have a great week!

    Kelli :)
    Castles and Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I just saw that you posted my fun Hershey Kiss writing activity on your AMAZING blog! THANK YOU soooo much! I have been so busy with my HUGE family, baseball/softball, and school that I haven't been able to get out there and check out other blogs. Thanks again I really appreciate it!

    ☏Johanna
    First Grade Fanatic!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top