Debbie Diller Documents - Queen of the First Grade Jungle

Debbie Diller Documents


So I know I am a little late jumping on this boat but Debbie Diller's Math Work Stations.. AMAZING. I read the first 3 chapters today while my kids were destroying my house and can't wait to read more tomorrow (I would read on tonight except I have to watch So You Think You Can Dance :) and have some Mommy time). Tomorrow morning is a babysitter day for me so I am going to spend the morning cleaning/purging/organizing my math manipulatives as Debbie suggests in Chapter 2!

I created the following three documents to be ready for the start of Math Work Stations week 2 of school! Note: These documents are not fancy, just essential to run Math Stations! I hope someone can use these, and I promise I will share more as I read!

This document is used to list I cans whole class and will act as a reminder to students as they are working:
I CAN

This document should be used with the students to list vocabulary that they should be using during independent work time (the parenthesis is for the topic that the vocabulary falls under i.e. Geometry):
MATH TALK

And last but not least-- the necessary evil- behavior. I LOVE the suggestion in the book to have students draw how they are going to act next time... well I stepped it up just a teensy bit and plan on copying it and sending it home so parents know what the incorrect behavior was by drawing what they were doing and what they will do next time. I also LOVE that she suggests a one strike rule (how many of you have students that know they will get three before anything really bad happens so they go ahead and take they two just to make you crazy??)

BEHAVIOR

Let me know what you think!
Katie

your photo name

8 comments

  1. I'm so glad to find your blog! I'm a new follower. Please check out my new first grade blog!
    First Grade Frame of Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so far behind, too!!
    Your printable will help for sure!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's never to late to start. Hope you will link up to my chapter (3) on my blog. Many people are still following and looking for ideas.

    www.learningwithmrsparker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these great printables- they certainly will be useful. I have started late myself and am just beginning Ch.5- I am sure you will be there in no time :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the docs. Coincidentally, I just got through Chapter 3 yesterday, too. I am on my way to my classroom to start purging/organizing and I also am hoping to go through my math program (Saxon) to organize the order of math lessons with manipulatives/stations. I am going to post a few documents later today on my (newish) blog: firstgradefrolics.blogspot.com

    Feel free to visit and download!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the documents! I'm finishing up reading Debbie Diller's Spaces & Places, then moving on to Math Work Stations soon after. I keep seeing what a great resource it is! :)

    Mrs. Lopac Teaches...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love manipulatives and anything that can incorporate learning and fun at the same time, especially math !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great content! Super high-quality! Keep it up! :)
    sarkarinaukri

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top